December 2018 – June 2019
Scrum Master / Game and Level Designer
5 Game Designers
9 3D Artists
2 Game Designers
5 3D Artists
A 4-players party game, a sequence of challenges with only one winner. On this academic project, the team lost all the programmers and 3 designers at the early stages, leaving me and a colleague to work on the engine. I’ve helped the project covering the following mansions:
- Game design: starting with researches, I’ve contributed on the documentation from game high vision to single mini-games
- Level Design implementation: work in-engine, building of levels. I had to keep in consideration the camera, to make the 4 characters always visible and easy to follow on a single screen
- Production/Scrum management: I’ve managed and calibrated the team workflow to keep up with the defections
Ehy, I was there, too, and never left! So the team was actually fine with its members. I morally supervised Valerio’s work with several QA sessions. I personally tasted the screen to be sure the flavor for each level was the right one. It didn’t work out. Atleast now Valerio has a new, expensive screen.
Cherubeat - AIV GameJam 2019 - Winner
July 2019 / 72 hours
1 Game Designer
3 3D Artists
1 Music Composer
A gamepad-oriented rhythm game with neon and electro-holy music
- I’ve moderated the brainstorming, and once we opted for the rhythm game, I’ve defined its specifics.
- Then I’ve followed the implementation, managing the workflow of the team.
- As soon as we had a build I’ve tested and tuned the build, with a particular focus on incrementing the responsiveness and juiciness of the game, which I considered both critical for a rhythm game
Weird noises coming off the screen. Tilting the head didn’t help, neither right nor left nor right again.
Fireflies - Global Game Jam 2019 - "Best Graphic" Rome winner
An exploration game, that uses lights to avoid ghosts and discover the environment . After concept and design, noticing that our art dept. was proceeding swiftly, I’ve corrected our trajectory, reducing the otherwise ambitious design part to raise the chances to deliver the build
I’m happy, yet not surprised, when my brother receives an award. It’s not a coincidence that he has won the "best scratches in that specific spot behind the ear" award for 10 consecutive years.
Space ChronicHoles - AIV GameJam 2018 - "Gameplay" category winner
September 2018 / 48 hours
3 Game Designers
3 3D Artists
1 Sound Designer
A straightforward 1vs1 that requires a good coordination with both hands My first game jam. I aimed for a solid gameplay, with little experimentation. Despite my preference for Unreal, I adapted to work with Unity, following the needs of the programmers. I did a bit of several things: moderating the brainstorming, design the UI, adjusting the juiciness of the project. I found this last point critical to be well polished, in a game so straightforward and responsive.
My human’s first Game Jam! This one was easy to learn and fast to enjoy, just how I like it!